2019 Suzuki RM85
The 2019 RM85 continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence in the Suzuki motocross family. The reliable two-stroke engine produces smooth power at any rpm with an emphasis on low- to mid-range performance. Just like its larger RM-Z cousins, the RM85 delivers class-leading handling for both experienced racers and rookie riders alike. With its smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race—and striving to win!
- New, competition-inspired body panel colors, graphics, and seat color align perfectly with the RM-Z450 and the all-new RM-Z250.
- The high-revving 84.7cc, two-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve, single cylinder engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0 mm x 46.8mm.
- The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder, improving sealing for better engine performance.
- The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, low weight, and effective heat transfer for superior class performance.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator help provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
- Precise Keihin PE28 carburetor provides smooth throttle response and is designed for simplified maintenance and tuning.
- Digital CDI mapping helps create strong engine performance at high rpm.
- The large-capacity radiator provides efficient engine cooling at all engine speeds.
- The RM85 is equipped with a smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission and a precise rack-and-pinion activated clutch.
- The long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when driving off corners.
- A knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel for precise gear selection.
- This durable transmission features a refined shift mechanism with a strong detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- A tubular steel frame with aluminum beam swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. Designed for rigidity, durability, and straight-line performance, the frame features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
- The Showa large diameter rear shock absorber is valved to produce a plush feel and is resistant to bottoming. The shock provides 277 mm (10.9 inches) of wheel travel and features adjustable compression and rebound damping force adjustment.
- The Showa 37mm inverted-style front fork is completely adjustable for rider weight, style, and ability. The fork features a cartridge system with fully adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The fork legs have 275 mm (10.8 inches) of travel.
- A twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm (8.7-inch) large-diameter disc and a rear brake with 200mm (7.9-inch) disc to provide excellent braking performance.
- The light, narrow-diameter front and rear brake hoses improve feel and feedback to the rider. The font hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover.
- The forged aluminum alloy rear brake pedal is light and strong, while providing the rider accurate braking feel.
- A rigid rear brake caliper provides reliable braking performance and long pad life, and is easy to maintain. The caliper's plastic guard reduces the possibility of damage and saves weight.
- High-quality footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, which makes them more durable with better grip.
- Champion Yellow bodywork with new graphics design, yellow rear fender, plus black fork protectors and guards provide a professional race look.
- Each side of the new color seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
- The RM85's wheel sizes meet AMA 85cc class regulations (Front: 70/100-17; Rear: 90/100-14).
- Engine: 84.7cc, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 48.0 mm x 46.8 mm (1.88 in. x 1.84 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5/10.9:1
- Fuel System: Keihin PE28, single carburetor
- Starter: Primary kickstarter
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID 428DS, 118 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 70/100-17 M/C 40M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 90/100-14 M/C 49M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.0 L (1.3 US gal.)
- Color: Championship Yellow with black/blue accents
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark Plug: NGK BR10ES
- Overall Length: 1805 mm (71.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in.)
- Overall Height: 1100 mm (43.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1240 mm (48.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 73 kg (161 lb.)
- Warranty: Not applicable
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke, single cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 1.88 in. x 1.84 in. (48.0 mm x 46.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin PE28, single carburetor
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, pneumatic/coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 M/C 40M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 M/C 49M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 161 lb. (73 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 US gal. (5.0 L)
- 48.8 in. (1240 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in. (325 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (850 mm)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID 428DS, 118 links
- Championship Yellow with black/blue accents
- Not applicable