Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2019 Yamaha TT-R230
Long Lasting Fun
Light, simple and proven, the trail bike that delivers decades of low maintenance performance.
- Broad, Accessible Powerband: YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Racing-Derived Ergonomics: Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
- Convenient Electric Start: Electric start makes getting started a simple pushbutton exercise.
- Trail-Ready Dimensions: A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that's also accessible to a wide range of riders.
- Robust, Compact Frame: Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
- Broad, Accessible Powerband: Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
- 6-Speed Transmission: Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- Digital Ignition: CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance free.
- Free-Flowing Intake: YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
- Forestry-Friendly Exhaust: Lightweight exhaust with quiet muffler and USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Low Maintenance Engine: Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Robust, Compact Frame: Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
- Advanced Rear Suspension: Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
- Trail-Ready Front Fork: 36mm front fork with 9.4 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
- Generous Ground Clearance: 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
- Lightweight Swingarm: Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
- Dual Disc Braking System: Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
- MX-Style Wheels and Tires: Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
- Comfortable Saddle: Long gripper seat is low, comfortable, and allows easy rider movement.
- Grippy Footpegs: Large, folding, cleated foot pegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
- Racy Styling: Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create distinctive styling.
- Fork Protection: Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
- Engine Type: 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 70.0mm x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 9.4 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 8.7 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Drum, 130mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 100/100-18
- L x W x H: 81.3 in. x 31.5 in. x 46.5 in.
- Seat Height: 34.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Fuel Economy: n/a
- Wet Weight: 251 lb.
- Warranty: 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 70.0mm x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork; 9.4 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 8.7 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Drum, 130mm
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 251 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 54.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 34.3 in.
- 4.4 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)