Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2019 Honda MONKEY
Stock Image: Banana Yellow
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Bananas Not Included.
Let’s take a look back at our family tree: One of the best-loved Hondas of all time, the original Monkey was a 1960’s hit, and it’s easy to see why. That little two-wheeled rascal was built to generate ear-to-ear smiles. Now, fast-forward to the present. For 2019, we’re introducing an all-new Honda Monkey. Peel the banana and you’ll see while it may look retro, the new Monkey is built for the way we ride today. Available in two color choices (Pearl Nebula Red and Banana Yellow), the new 2019 Honda Monkey is a 125cc bundle of practical urban transport, a great back-of-the-motorhome bike, and just plain too much fun to pass by. So climb down out of your tree, head over to your Honda Dealer, and check out the two-wheeler the whole jungle is howling about.
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Monkey may be compact, this single-overhead-cam design is a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The Monkey features 220mm front and 190mm rear single disc brakes for excellent stopping power.
- Fuel Capacity: Who says being on a budget can’t be fun? With its 1.5-gallon fuel tank and awesome fuel efficiency, the Monkey may be small, but it lets you ride far on every fill-up.
- Easy to Park: Because of the Monkey’s miniature stature, it’s easy to park in the city, and to store when you’re not riding. There’s always room for a Monkey!
- Four-Speed Transmission: Sure, the Monkey is cute, but its four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- LED Taillight: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Monkey’s LED lamp is bright and clear—plus, it’s round like a coconut!
- Available ABS: Our Anti-Lock Braking System (on the Monkey ABS model) can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or other compromised surfaces. It’s a great choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence.
- 12-inch Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- Twin Rear Shocks: The new Monkey 125 has twin rear shocks. Combined with the fat tires and cushy seat, they smooth out the roughest pavement in the urban jungle.
- Inverted Fork Suspension: Here’s a huge improvement over the original Monkey bike: Like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the new 2019 Monkey features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- High-Rise Handlebar: Sure, the Monkey may be small, but we sized it to fit adult riders. Case in point—check out the high-rise handlebar, so you can sit up and check out the world as you ride.
- Round Chromed LED Headlight: The Monkey’s round headlight looks retro, but its performance is totally up to date and provides superior illumination and visibility.
- Multi-Function Digital Instruments: Retro meets modern in the Monkey’s instrument cluster. The round housing is totally 1960s, while the display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, and indicator for low/high beam. It even greets you when you first start the bike!
- Chunky Tires: The Monkey’s high-aspect-ratio tires do more than just look cool. They’re extraordinarily practical too, giving you tons of grip and absorbing bumps or rough road surfaces.
- Low Seat Height: At just 30.6 inches, the Monkey’s super-low seat makes it easy to flat-foot it in parking lots or at stop lights.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Fully transistorized
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Clutch: Multiplate wet
- Front Suspension: 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin shock; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 220 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Single 190 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 120/80-12
- Rear Tire: 130/80-12
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 3.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 45.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Curb Weight: 234 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: MONKEY125
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Pearl Nebula Red, Banana Yellow
- One Year: Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Fully transistorized
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Twin shock; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 45.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.6 in.
- 25 deg.
- 3.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 234 lb.
- Pearl Nebula Red, Banana Yellow
- One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.