Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2018 Triumph TIGER EXPLORER XCA
Stock Image: Marine
When you’re ready to face the ultimate in adventure riding, the top specification 1200 XCA lets you leave the everyday behind, with a Tiger that’s now as great off-road as its always been on.
With an amazing weight saving of 10kg, the latest Triple engine together with huge technology and ergonomic enhancements, this Tiger is more agile and capable than ever before.
As it’s the highest spec model, there’s a serious step up in features over the XCX with adaptive LED cornering lighting, Triumph Shift Assist for seamless clutchless gear changes, a premium Arrow silencer, and six riding modes including ‘Rider Programmable’ and ‘Off-Road Pro’.
- Lighter by 10kg: The XCA weighs in at an amazing 10kg lighter than its predecessor (the greatest saving in the new Tiger XC line-up) to bring a whole new dimension to its off-road capability and on-road handling. This weight saving has been achieved through over 100 enhancements across the whole motorcycle including a lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer, engine bars and battery.
- More powerful and responsive engine: The thrilling new generation, Tiger 1200 XCA engine delivers more peak power 141PS (at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 122Nm (at 7,600rpm), for a more immediate power delivery and feel, and even better all-day, smooth & reliable road and off-road riding.
- New premium Arrow exhaust: A new premium Arrow silencer reflects the XCA’s range-topping standing and delivers an even more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141PS / 139bhp (104kW) @ 9,350rpm
- Max Torque EC: 122Nm @ 7,600rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheels: 32 spoke, aluminum rim, for tubeless tyres 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheels: 32 spoke, aluminum rim, for tubeless tyres 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tires: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tires: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and six rider modes (Rain/Road/Offroad/Off-Road Pro/Sport/Rider).
- Width Handlebars: 930 mm
- Height Without Mirror: 1,540 mm
- Seat Height: 835 - 855 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,520 mm
- Rake: 23.2 º
- Trail: 99.9 mm
- Dry Weight: 248 kg
- Tank Capacity: 20 L
- Fuel Consumption **: 5.2 l/100 km (54.3 mpg)
- CO2 figures **: EURO 4 Standard: 122 g/km
- 10KG lighter than previous model
- Triumph Shift Assist
- LED adaptive cornering lighting
- Titanium and carbon fibre wrapped Arrow silencer
- 6 riding modes: Off-road Pro, Road, Rain, Off-road, Sport and Rider programmable
- Hill Hold Control
- Heated grips
- Heated rider and pilion seats
- Unique-in-class electrically adjustable screen
- LED auxiliary lighting
- Billet machined footrests
- Additional 3 x TFT styles
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 48 mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable damping, 190 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, electronically adjustable semi active damping with automatic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 1,520 mm
- Seat Height
- 835 - 855 mm
- 23.2 deg.
- 99.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 20 L
- 5.2 l/100 km (54.3 mpg)
- Dry Weight
- 248 kg
- Crystal White, Marine