Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT
Stock Image: Champion Yellow
Renowned for its versatility, reliability and value, the V-Strom 650 has attracted many riders who use it for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. It is a touchstone motorcycle balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure. The 2018 V-Strom 650XT ABS marries the looks of the V-Strom 1000 ABS and the tubeless-spoke wheels of the prior generation V-Strom 650XT, unifying the V-Strom family. This V-Strom boasts strong engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. A number of engineering accomplishments result in low weight and a thin chassis, producing a V-Strom that is more versatile, more controllable, and more accessible to elevate its total performance so it’s simply “More V-Strom”. And that’s what a rider wants; more of a good ride.
- Liquid-cooled 645cc, 90° V-Twin engine delivers strong torque in the low to mid-RPM range, yet provides a strong rush of high RPM power that’s ideal for any riding mission.
- Suzuki’s rider-adjustable Traction Control* system, Easy Start system, Low RPM Assist feature, plus ABS** technology makes a great motorcycle, really incredible.
- ADV fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and adjustable windshield houses a multi-function, illumination adjustable instrument panel that delivers a wealth of information.
- Strong and light chassis has integrated mount points for unified Suzuki V-Strom luggage that’s is easy to clip on and off, and keeps the motorcycle trim when ready for touring.
- Ready for real adventure, the V-Strom 650XT ABS has aluminum, spoke-style wheels with tubeless radial dual-sport tires, hand guards, and a protective lower engine cowl.
- Using 2017 SV650 engineering, the V-Strom’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has new camshafts to deliver clean, strong power at any RPM.
- Low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders helps deliver high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- The sleek two-into-one exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- Ten-hole; long-nose type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650XT ABS has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the updated intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two, high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- The V-Strom 650 ABS is equipped with Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System* which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- The V-Strom also features the Suzuki Easy Start system which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start button without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The compact radiator is flanked by wind directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
- The 6-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight 1st through 5th gear ratios and a tall top gear (6th gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
- The beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and new mounting structure helps the V-Strom 650XT ABS cut through the wind, protecting the rider in style.
- The 3-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting and rider fatigue.
- The fuel tank has a generous 5.3 gallon capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
- The spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom logo.
- Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound damping adjustment and hand-operated spring preload adjuster.
- Spoke-style wheels with anodized aluminum rims (gold or black) laced with stainless steels spokes absorb shock from irregular road surfaces well and accept tubeless tires.
- Adventure-spec Bridgestone BATTLAX 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires are mounted to the spoke-style wheels for good all-around performance.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and a rear 260mm-disc brake deliver controlled stopping power.
- Compact Antilock Brake System (ABS)** system monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
- The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
- The V-Strom 650XT ABS is supplied with hand guards and a protective lower engine cowl.
- Even with a variety of features and advanced engineering, the 2018 V-Strom 650XT ABS’s weight 2.0 pounds less than the prior generation V-Strom 6550 XT.
- The multi-function instrument panel is similar in appearance to the V-Strom 1000 ABS panel, but has functions unique to the V-Strom 650XT ABS.
- The instrument set includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer and control panel.
- LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include an ABS alert and a freeze warning icon, which, together with the air temperature display, warns of possible icy road conditions.
- Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory power. A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
- The stacked, 65/55W halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
- The LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration resistant. The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
- A handy 12V DC accessory outlet is mounted on the inner dash (was an option on prior model).
- Genuine Suzuki Accessories includes side and top cases, engine guards, low and high profile seats, heated grips, hand guards and more.
- 12-month limited warranty. Coverage period and additional benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection.
- Engine: 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC 90° V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 x 62.6 mm (3.2 x 2.5 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2: 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection, SDTV-equipped
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Final Drive: Drive chain, RK525 114L
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Tokico 2-piston calipers, Disc, twin
- Brakes Rear: Nissin, 1-piston, Disc single
- Tires Front: 110/80R19 M/C (59V) tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70R17 M/C (69), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow, Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Spark Plug: NGK MR8E-9
- Headlight: 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) & 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
- Tail light: LED
- Overall Length: 2275 mm (89.6 in.)
- Overall Width: 910 mm (35.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1560 mm (61.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 216 kg (476 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty*
- Extensions: *Coverage extension and additional benefits are available
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, 90 deg. V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.2 x 2.5 in. (81.0 x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.2: 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki Fuel Injection, SDTV-equipped
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Drive chain, RK525 114L
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Tokico 2-piston calipers, Disc, twin
- Rear Brakes
- Nissin, 1-piston, Disc single
- Front Tire
- 110/80R19 M/C (59V) tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 150/70R17 M/C (69), tubeless
- 61.4 in. (1560 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 US gal. (20.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 476 lb. (216 kg)
- Champion Yellow, Pearl Glacier White
- 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty