Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S - Base
Stock Image: ABS Model Shown
Unlike any other cruiser, the Vulcan® S is geared to fit a wide range of riders. Never taking away from its stylish features, this bike takes comfort, adjustability, and Ninja®-derived power and performance to the next level.
- Find Your ERGO-FIT™: The Kawasaki Vulcan® S is an exceptionally adaptable cruiser that showcases adjustable riding positions for every rider.
- Command the Road: Smooth, Ninja®-derived, 649cc parallel-twin engine; Smooth power delivery with ample low-to mid-range torque and strong top-end power; Lightweight and responsive for easy handling and exceptional performance; Gear position indicator added to dash meter for shifting precision and confidence
- Sport Cruiser Performance: Whether you’re commuting to work or enjoying a day trip, the Vulcan® S inspires confidence in riding and delivers exhilarating sport cruiser performance for maximum enjoyment on every ride.
- Engine: 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0 x 60.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Maximum Torque: 46.3 lb-ft @ 6600 rpm
- Fuel System: DFI® 38mm throttle bodies (2), with sub-throttle valves
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-speed with positive neutral finder
- Final Drive: Sealed Chain
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm telescopic fork/5.1 in
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Lay-down offset rear shock with linkage and adjustable preload/3.1 in
- Front Tire: 120/70x18
- Rear Tire: 160/60x17
- Front Brakes: Single 300mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 250mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Frame Type: High-tensile steel diamond frame
- Rake/Trail: 31 deg./4.7 in.
- Overall Length: 90.9 in.
- Overall Width: 34.6 in.
- Overall Height: 43.3 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat Height: 27.8 in.
- Curb Weight: 498.3 lb.**
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Wheelbase: 62.0 in.
- Color Choices: Pearl Blizzard White
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional): 12, 24, 36, or 48 months
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 83.0 x 60.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® 38mm throttle bodies (2), with sub-throttle valves
- TCBI with digital advance
- 6-speed with positive neutral finder
- Final Drive
- Sealed Chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm telescopic fork/5.1 in
- Rear Suspension
- Lay-down offset rear shock with linkage and adjustable preload/3.1 in
- Front Brakes
- Single 300mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 250mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 62.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.8 in.
- 31 deg.
- 4.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 498.3 lb.
- Pearl Blizzard White
- 12 Month Limited Warranty