Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2017 Polaris Industries RANGER 500
- 58 Inch Width and Excellent Utility Value
- Smooth and Reliable 32 HP ProStar® EFI Engine Features Best In Class Torque
- Plush Suspension Travel and Refined Cab Comfort for 2 Creates an Excellent Ride
- Reliable ProStar® Power: The all-new 500 cc engine is the third generation of strong and efficient ProStar® engines that have powered hundreds of thousands of Polaris vehicles. This experience and engineering results in an optimal balance of low end torque and high horsepower to provide smooth, reliable power to help you get the job done.
- Class-leading Towing and Payload: With full 1,500 lbs. towing and standard 2” receiver, the RANGER 500 allows you to tackle the toughest jobs with confidence. Additionally, a 1,000 lbs. payload capacity is highlighted by a rear box with gas-assist dumping operation that can tote up to 500 lbs. of material to get the job done in fewer trips.
- On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive: With the Polaris true AWD advantage, all four wheels engage automatically when your vehicle needs more forward traction and reverts back to 2WD when it doesn’t. When in 2WD, NEW for this year the VersaTrac Turf Mode switch unlocks the rear differential for easier, tighter turns that won’t tear up your lawn.
- Class-Leading Engine Performance: RANGER 500 produces class leading 32 HP to make quick work of everyday tasks. Electronic Fuel Injection allows for dependable cold-weather starting plus superior fuel economy.
- All-Day Riding Comfort: We designed RANGER 500 with an ideal seat height combined with wide foot clearance for easy entry and exit. Plus, experience updated bench seats engineered for all-day riding comfort and standard tilt steering wheel adjustment!
- Smooth Riding Suspension: To ensure a smooth ride, RANGER 500 features a full 9” (22.9 cm) of suspension travel up front and 10” (25.4 cm) of Independent Rear Suspension travel. This is 25% more than the closest competitor in the class. Additionally, all 4 corners can be adjusted to handle increased loads or plowing.
- Smooth Automatic Transmission: The Polaris Variable Transmission (PVT) delivers superior performance, ease of use and maximum drivability in all conditions. It requires no shifting or user input to deliver smooth power, just select high or low range and you are on your way to getting more done.
- Nimble Handling: For nimble handling and a tight turning radius, RANGER 500 features an ideal 73” wheelbase paired with standard Versa-Trac Turf Mode and a full 10 inches of ground clearance. Additionally, a 58-inch width allows RANGER 500 to fit in the bed of most full-size pickups.
- Designed for Easy Maintenance: RANGER is engineered to make maintenance quick and straightforward in your garage with easy to access service points for the oil filter, dipstick & drain plug. The Polaris Engineered™ PS-4 Extreme Duty and PS-4 Oil Change Kits are engineered to offer the right protection for your engine, the right amount of oil and the right filter to get the job done fast so you can get back to riding.
- 100+ Lock & Ride® Pro Fit Cab Configurations: Add four-season versatility and unmatched comfort to your RANGER® with a Lock & Ride® Pro Fit cab system. Designed exclusively with, and for, your machine, Polaris Engineered™ cab components fit perfectly, install easily and seal tightly keeping the elements out and you protected.
- Get More Done: Stay one step ahead of changing seasons for years to come. Only Polaris RANGER® has the power, comfort, and legendary RANGER® versatility to haul more, tow more and do more for your property. With the new Polaris Engineered Accessories you CAN GET MORE DONE from the everyday chores to the big projects we have the right tool for the job.
- Pull Your Weight: Polaris® PRO HD & HD Winches provide the extreme durability you would expect from the off-road leader. Our winches and installation kits are built to fit right with your machine and are fully sealed, so no matter what you encounter you know your winch will work on command.
- Keep It Ice Cold: Polaris Northstar® coolers survive just about anything - from extreme heat to a full-on bear attack. Ice will stay cold for hours on end, and anything inside will stay locked up tight.
- Every Advantage Matters: Take your hunt further by outfitting your RANGER® with the right gear to get you to the hidden potholes, the lushest fields and the wildest terrain. Keep your gear organized & guns dry with Polaris Engineered Accessories™. Bring your companion and stalk any prey safely - only with the Lock & Ride® Dog Kennel.
- All-Around Work Horse: A tire specifically designed for RANGER® Owners. Tread pattern designed to withstand anything from the farm yard, to the pastures to the trail. With 10-Ply it can carry the load day-in and day-out.
- Take Charge of Your Property: Perfect for your garden or food plot -- sprayers and more Lock & Ride® on-demand solutions for your work.
- Active Descent Control: Not Equipped
- Cooling: Liquid
- Drive System Type: On-Demand True AWD/2WD/ VersaTrac Turf Mode
- Engine Braking System (EBS): Not Equipped
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Transmission/Final Drive: Automatic PVT H/L/N/R/P; Shaft
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 500cc
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke Single Cylinder
- Front Suspension: MacPherson Strut 9 in. (22.9 cm) Travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual A-Arm, IRS 10 in. (25.4 cm) Travel
- Front/Rear Brakes: 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc
- Parking Brake: Park In-Transmission
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12; 489
- Rear Tires: 25x10-12 ; 489
- Wheels: Stamped Steel
- Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H): 32 x 42 x 11.5 in. (81 x 107 x 29 cm)
- Front/Rear Rack or Box Capacity: N.A./500 lb. (226.8 kg)
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 9 gal. (34.1 L)
- Ground Clearance: 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H): 110 x 58 x 73 in. (279 x 147 x 185 cm)
- Payload Capacity: 1,000 lb. (453.6 kg)
- Person Capacity: 2
- Wheelbase: 73 in. (185.4 cm)
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 1065 lb. (483 kg)
- Cargo System: Lock & Ride
- Color / Graphics: Sage Green
- Electronic Power Steering: Optional Accessory
- Hitch Towing Rating: 1,500 lb. (680.4 kg)
- Hitch Type: Standard/2" Receiver
- Instrumentation: Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Clock, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, Hi-Temp, Coolant Temperature, Voltmeter, Service Indicator, Seat Belt Reminder, DC Outlets (2)
- Lighting: 50W Headlight, LED Tail
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke Single Cylinder
- Fuel System
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- MacPherson Strut
- Front Brakes
- 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc
- Front Tire
- 25 x 8-12; 489
- Rear Suspension
- Dual A-Arm, IRS
- Rear Brakes
- 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Tire
- 25x10-12 ; 489
- Dry Weight
- 1065 lb. (483 kg)
- 73 in. (185.4 cm)
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Rear Travel
- 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Ground Clearance
- 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 9 gal. (34.1 L)
- Box Capacity
- 500 lb. (226.8 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 1,500 lb. (680.4 kg)
- Automatic PVT H/L/N/R/P
- Drive System
- On-Demand True AWD/2WD/ VersaTrac Turf Mode
- Sage Green