Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
Stock Image: 2016 Model Shown
Superbikes have always been special machines, offering levels of power, handling, and refinement no other streetbikes can match. The new 25th anniversary CBR1000RR is a Superbike where the rider comes first. Where you get a degree of connection unlike anything in the class. Available in three distinct model options this year, it’s designed to dominate in the most important category of all: rider satisfaction.
The all-new 2017 CBR1000RR is lighter, more powerful and faster than any CBR1000RR we’ve ever produced. Trackdays your specialty? Racetrack riding puts special demands on any machine, and you’ll find Honda’s new CBR1000RR SP is up to that challenge. Available in limited numbers, it has all the features of our new 2017 CBR1000RR, but adds premium Öhlins electronic suspension, Brembo brakes, a titanium muffler, and more. In addition to the SP, Honda is offering an even more exotic CBR1000RR SP2 in extremely limited numbers for the most serious enthusiasts and professional racers. The CBR1000RR SP2 incorporates all the special features of the CBR1000RR SP, and adds bigger intake and exhaust valves and lighter forged Marchesini wheels.
- The new 2017 CBR1000RR is substantially lighter, more than 24mm narrower, features our first Superbike throttle-by-wire system and more. The chassis is more responsive, and the bike features a full LED lighting package.
- Throttle By Wire: The CBR1000RR's new throttle-by-wire system works in concert with our Honda Selectable Torque Control. With the two, you get your choice of three engine power-delivery modes, plus two which you can custom program yourself.
- All-new Four-Cylinder Engine: Featuring high-compression 13:1 pistons, the new CBR1000RR revs like only a flat-plane inline-four can. It also makes ten horsepower more than our previous CBR10000RR.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD): Most steering dampers only sense handlebar-deflection speed. The Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is way more sophisticated. It also detects vehicle speed, and adjusts damping proportionally. That helps maintain low-speed maneuverability while providing excellent, predictable high-speed handling.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: The CBR1000RRs feature two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance, instantaneous high-rpm response and great low-rpm metering and clean running. Refined EFI settings make the engine even more manageable, with smoother throttle response specifically at smaller throttle openings.
- New Gyro-Assisted ABS: These brakes go one better, including rear-wheel lift analysis (think hard stopping here), along with a program that takes lean angle into account.
- Slimmer Ergonomics: The new CBR1000RRs are much slimmer in the tank/seat junction area, and also in the upper cowl (more than 24mm trimmer). This improves aerodynamics, and the narrow tank makes it easier to tuck in.
- Lightweight Sub-Frame: Almost a full pound lighter than our previous models, the new CBR1000RR sub-frame further refines our mass centralization efforts. Light is always right, and this year’s models are the lightest CBR1000RRs we’ve ever produced.
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of back-torque through the driveline, upsetting handling—not the CBR1000RR models. Its Honda-designed assisted slipper clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs, ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Improved Radiator Design: Almost an inch narrower, featuring a new high-density core, and 100 grams lighter than last year’s model, the new radiator tucks in tighter and cools just as efficiently.
- Full LED Lighting Package: Headlights, tail lights, turn signals—with the new CBR1000RRs it’s all done with lightweight, efficient, cool LEDs.
- New Thin Film Transfer Display: TFT means an instrument display that’s lighter and easier to read than previous LCD designs. It’s a first for Honda, and it’s making its premiere on the new 2017 CBR1000RRs.
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Induction: Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valve per cylinder
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic
- Model ID: CBR1000RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 76mm x 55mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Matte Black Metallic