Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2016 Yamaha FZ-6R
The FZ6R features a confidence-inspiring low seat and R6-style all at an affordable price.
- Street-ready Sport Bike: A rider in the market for a practical 600cc bike doesn’t have to compromise performance or style to get value. The FZ6R is a great combination of performance, handling, and exciting sport bike style, but also with a low seat height that’s both adjustable to fit a wider variety of riders and also narrower where it counts to make it even easier to put both feet on the ground.
- Smooth 4-Cylinder Motor: The engine delivers smooth power just the way today’s rider needs it, providing brisk acceleration with plenty of torque that makes it a pleasure to get around town, with plenty in reserve for when you want more. The FZ6R is fuel injected and tuned for outstanding low- to mid-rpm engine performance.
- Agile Handling: Even if your primary goal is commuting to school or work, you want to be able to get out and have fun riding some twisty back roads. The diamond-shaped frame, made of high-tensile steel pipes using the engine as a structural member of the chassis, becomes the foundation for handling performance. It’s designed to provide the right rigidity balance to contribute to smooth cornering performance.
- Real World Performance: The fuel-injected engine in the FZ6R has been designed to meet the demands of today’s motorcyclist. The 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke inline 4-cylinder engine is ready to respond with smooth, linear performance when the rider twists the throttle. Maximum output is achieved at a spirited 10,000 rpm and maximum torque is obtained at 8,500 rpm. Bottom line: Its outstanding “torquey” low to mid rpm engine performance is just right for someone who enjoys commuting to work or school or riding the canyons on the weekends.
- Forged Pistons: Lightweight forged aluminum pistons are used. Because the aluminum alloy is heated and formed under pressure without having to melt it completely as in conventional casting techniques, the strength of the original metallurgic matrix of the aluminum is maintained. As a result, a forged piston is stronger than a cast one and can thus be designed for lighter weight, which contributes to a reduction in vibration. In fact, many riders will be surprised at how smooth this motor is.
- Powerful ECU: The 32-bit ECU controls the four-hole, two-direction, high-dynamic range type fuel injectors for superior injection control. By delivering the precise fuel-air mixture needed for conditions, the engine can deliver great power and fuel economy.
- Compact Midship Exhaust: Much like many of today’s high end sport bikes, the FZ6R has a 4-into-2-into-1 midship exhaust. Not only does it provide a throaty, yet comfortably quiet exhaust note, the system also includes 3-way catalytic converter technology to reduce exhaust emissions.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: The seat has separate front and rear sections, and the rider’s seat features an innovative height adjustment mechanism. The seat can be set 20mm higher for taller riders and the handlebar position can be adjusted 20mm forward by rotating the handlebar clamps to fine-tune rider comfort.
- Balanced Chassis: The overall chassis rigidity has been designed to provide both excellent handling and all-day comfort. In order to further enhance the smoothness and comfort of the ride, the front-end dimensions a have been optimized, including a caster angle of 26° and trail of 103mm, contributing a bike that has great steering feeling, making the bike even more of a pleasure to ride.
- Plush Front Fork: The front suspension has sturdy 41mm inner tubes, matched to a die cast aluminum upper triple clamp and forged-steel under bracket, providing superior cushioning performance and good front-end feel. Wheel travel is a generous 5.1 inches to help soak up those bumps in the road.
- Compact Monoshock: The rear suspension contributes to mass centralization, and the mono-cross suspension provides excellent wheel travel, a full 5.1 inches. Superior road hugging performance has been achieved with optimally designed damping-force valves and oil channels.
- Confidence-inspiring Braking: The FZ6R boasts hydraulic disc brakes front and rear—dual 298mm diameter discs up front, with a 245mm rear disc—with the entire system designed to offer great feel and superb braking ability.
- Radial Tires: The FZ6R mounts tubeless radial tires on cast aluminum wheels that contribute to the machine’s agile handling.
- Full Instrumentation: The meter panel gives the rider plenty of feedback, including a digital display speedometer, analog tachometer, odometer/tripmeter, fuel gauge, and water coolant gauge.
- Engine Type: 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork, 5.1-in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 160/60ZR17
- L x W x H: 83.5 in. x 30.3 in. x 46.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 43 mpg
- Wet Weight: 467 lb. / CA model 470 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC; 16 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, 5.1-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, 5.1-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 26.0 deg.
- 4.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 43 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 467 lb.
- 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)