Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2016 Triumph TIGER 800 XR
- Ride By Wire: The second generation 800cc engine now features a ride-by-wire throttle system which provides smoother power delivery, better response, and lower emissions.
- Traction Control: Every new Tiger 800 features first in class standard fitment of Triumph Traction Control (TTC) that prevents the unexpected spinning of the rear wheel and cuts the engine torque to avoid the loss of lateral grip.
- Active Safety: The new Tiger XR features switchable ABS as standard, to ensure maximum confidence and control whilst braking.
- Triple Engine: The new Tiger features a liquid-cooled, 800cc in-line-three cylinder engine, delivering 95PS and 79Nm of torque for power across the entire rev range and the distinctive Triumph triple sound and character.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Tiger XCx has a 17% improvement in fuel efficiency on the EU ‘mixed cycle’ which means that fuel economy improves from 55mpg to 65 mpg versus the outgoing Tiger giving a potential range of 272 miles.
- Gearbox: The gearbox has been updated with the selector mechanism derived directly from the class leading Daytona, for quicker smoother shifts.
- Suspension: The XR models have Showa suspension, calibrated to ensure excellent handling on any surfaces. The front suspension is a 43 mm Showa USD fork, now anodised black, while the rear suspension includes a Showa mono-shock which is adjustable in preload for 2-up touring.
- Handling: The handling balance of the Tiger is what really sets it apart with exceptional precision, agility, and control for the most spirited of ride.
- Improved Braking: Latest generation switchable ABS comes as standard on the Tiger XR, along with insulated Nissin front brake pads for improved braking performance.
- Wheels: The 19" Front and 17" Rear, cast aluminium rims help give the Tiger XR excellent road manners.
- Frame: The stiff, tubular trellis frame with a new titanium powder coat provides resistance in extreme riding conditions.
- Rider and Passenger Comfort: The new rad cowls have been redesigned to deflect the hot air from the radiator away from the rider. The standard high screen offers excellent wind protection.
- Ergonomics: The riding position of the new Tiger has been updated with repositioned handlebars for greater riding comfort and an adjustable riders seat.
- Crystal White
- Phantom Black
- Overview: A huge range of accessories has been specifically developed for the new Tiger 800. All fitted accessories include a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. Here is just a small selection to view.
- Aluminium Luggage: These fully weatherproof panniers are made from a 1.5mm thick aluminium structure, with the enhanced protection of polymer corner reinforcements. Features Triumph branded base and latch. Offers a significant weight saving compared to Triumph Adventure Panniers. Each Pannier has a capacity of 37 litres, attaching to bespoke mounting frames, using a quick release mechanism. Added security with a "one key" locking mechanism, using the bike's ignition key. Requires mounting kit.
- Forged Aluminium Folding Gear Pedal: Folding Gear Pedal CNC Machined from 60661T6 aluminium featuring a rubber toe peg cover for increased traction when riding on unforgiving terrain. Folding toe peg resists damage in the event of a fall. Featuring laser etch Triumph logo.
- Handle Bar Risers: Offering a height adjustment distance of 30mm, these Handlebar Risers replace original parts to ensure improved ergonomics for taller riders.
- Low Comfort Rider Seat with 3D Net: Low Comfort Rider Seat unit to offer optimum comfort and style. Approximately 20mm lower compared to the standard part, features twin fabric cover, contrasting stitch detail and Triumph branding to ensure it looks as good as it feels.
- Heated Grips: Designed specifically for the ride Tiger 800, these internally wired Heated Grips featuring dual temperature heat settings selectable through bar mounted dual colour push button controls.
- LED Fog Lights: High performance dual Fog Lamp Kit featuring high power Philips Altilin LEDs, drilled and brushed marine grade aluminium shields and an integrated tubular mounting rail. Fully waterproof illuminated push button for ease of use in the worst of conditions.
- Handguards: Manufactured from durable moulded nylon, Triumph Hand Guards now have improved wind resistance and finger clearance. Tested in a wind tunnel for optimum performance.
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts. The Tiger 800 carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 800cc
- Bore: 74.1 mm
- Stroke: 61.9 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1, high level stainless steel silencer
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-Speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 19 x 2.5 in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.25 in
- Front Tires: 100/90-19
- Rear Tires: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43 mm upside down forks, 180 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 170 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 308 mm floating discs, Nissin 2piston sliding calipers, Switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, analogue tachometer, two trip meters with journey distance, odometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature and clock
- Length: 87.2 in (2215 mm)
- Width Handlebars: 31.3 in (795 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 53.1 in (1350 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.9 - 32.7 in (810 - 830 mm). With accessory low seat: 31.1 - 31.9 in (790 - 810 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in (1530 mm)
- Rake: 23.9 º
- Trail: 3.6 in (92.4 mm)
- Tank Capacity: 5.0 US Gallon
- Max Power Ec: 95 Hp (70 kW) @ 9,250 rpm
- Max Torque Ec: 58.3 FT-lbs (79 Nm) @ 7,850 rpm
- Urban: 48.7 US MPG*
- 56mph/90kph: 64.5 US MPG
- 75mph/120kph: 44.6 US MPG
- Mixed Riding: * urban fuel economy estimates are based on the epa exhaust emission measurement test procedures
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.1 mm x 61.9 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43mm upside down forks, 180mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 170mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 308mm floating discs, Nissin 2-piston sliding calipers, Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255mm disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 1530 mm
- Seat Height
- 31.9 - 32.7 in. (810 - 830 mm)
- 23.9 deg.
- 92.4 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (19 L)
- Final Drive
- O ring chain
- Crystal White, Phantom Black
- 2 Year unlimited mileage