Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2016 Honda CRF450X
King Of Its Class.
Taking its inspiration from Honda’s CRF450R motocross machine, the CRF450X gets Honda’s magical touches that transform it into the king of the trail. Touches like the Honda Progressive Steering Damper, which helps reduce rider fatigue and improve cornering; an electric starter for easy start-ups in even the worst conditions; Pro-Link suspension; Unicam® engine; and the kind of durability Honda is known for.
The Power to Win: Utilizing a Unicam® cylinder head, the CRF450X’s 449cc liquid-cooled four stroke puts out maximum power over a wide rpm band.
Easy Starts: Our push-button electric starter offers all-around convenience, whether you’re starting out on your ride or quickly restarting in tough conditions.
Control Freak: Perfected on the MX circuit, the Honda Progressive Steering Damper not only improves cornering, but also helps reduce arm fatigue.
- 449cc Unicam® Engine: Honda’s Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single- and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Twin-Sump Lubrication: Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, and the piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Gear-Driven Counterbalancer: Gear-Driven Counterbalancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Titanium Intake Valves: Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
- Dual Radiators: Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared with conventional dual-radiator designs. Coolant recovery tank is located in front of the engine between the frame downtubes for improved center of gravity. Coolant tank is protected by a plastic skid plate.
- Works-Style Front Brake: Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight 240mm front disc offer great stopping power while minimizing unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- Works-Style Rear Brake: HRC works-type rear brake system uses a 240mm brake rotor to its integrated rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, a set-up that eliminates the separate reservoir and hose.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel: 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF250R.
- Superior Ergonomics: Placing the rider’s legs at the narrowest part of the frame improves comfort and handling.
- Electric Starter: Electric start system ensures trouble-free starting in all conditions. Electric starter also drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears while producing a narrow engine with a short, strong crank.
- Renthal Handlebar: Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- LED Taillight: LED taillight integrated into rear fender. It’s light, compact and rigid.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96mm x 62mm
- Induction: Keihin® 40mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve, 35mm intake valve, 30mm exhaust valve
- Starting: Electric and Kick
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T
- Front Suspension: 47mm inverted Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa® single shock with adjustable spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 in. travel.
- Front Brake: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire: 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: 110/100-18
- Rake: 27.10 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 110mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Seat Height: 37.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 269 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gal., including 0.4 gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance: 13.6 in.
- Model Id: CRF450X
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96mm x 62mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 40mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
- Front Suspension
- 47mm inverted Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa® single shock with adjustable spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 in. travel.
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 269 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.9 gal., including 0.4 gal. reserve
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.9 in.
- 4.3 in. (110mm)
- 27.10 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T