Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2016 Honda CB500XA
Call for Price
Expect the Unexpected. And Then Ride There.
Ever since its introduction, Honda’s CB500X has been a breakaway favorite with riders. That’s no surprise to anybody who’s ridden one: the CB500X is an adventure-style motorcycle that delivers comfort, versatility and a can-do attitude at a surprisingly affordable price. And to make a great choice even better, the 2016 CB500X features a bucketful of improvements this year.
You still get plenty of performance, and the capability to excel at everything from adventure rides to sport touring. The torquey 471cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers the broad-spectrum power that Honda twins are famous for, while the CB500X’s upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders. You can adjust the compact windscreen to varying heights (plus it’s 100mm taller this year), and the larger-capacity fuel tank is carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. New for 2016: A restyled LED headlight and taillight, a hinged fuel-tank filler cap, front suspension that’s now adjustable for spring preload, and a front-brake lever that’s adjustable too.
The CB500X is an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle. And the bike’s sharp, new styling this year makes a great choice even better!
Powerful, Dependable Twin-Cylinder Engine: Displacing 471ccs, liquid cooled and featuring parallel cylinders with dual overhead cams, the CB500X’s powerplant is very efficient, especially with its performance-maximizing electronic Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). Naturally, it shares Honda’s reassuring reputation for reliability.
Ready For Adventure: The CB500X is designed to give you a great view of the road and plenty of room to shift your weight for control and maneuverability. Utilizing a classic upright riding position with a wide handlebar, taller seat and a tighter knees-in fuel tank design, you can maximize your feeling of oneness with the bike and the road.
Choose Your Accessories: With Honda Genuine Accessories, you can prepare yourself for whatever you might find down the road. Add hand guards, heated grips, lightbar, trunk, saddlebags and much more.
- DOHC Twin Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Lower Cowl: The CB500X is equipped with a lower cowl to help protect the exhaust pipe and engine from debris when riding on rough surfaces. Air intakes are incorporated into the design to provide effective cooling.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500X’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for superior ride and handling.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- 12-Spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500X’s lightweight 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels—120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear—are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling and are another CB500X feature that just makes sense.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- Unique Style: Even sharper looking for 2016 with new two-piece sidecovers that complement the CB500X’s dynamic adventure-bike style. The CB500X has the posture of an adventure machine with a unique fuel tank design that offers the ability to freely move the body weight.
- LED Headlight: With a clean new look for 2016, the CB500X’s LED headlight and multi-facet reflector give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Adjustable Windscreen: Another upgrade for 2016, the CB500X’s windscreen is 100mm taller this year for better wind protection, and is still adjustable so you can fine-tune your cockpit environment.
- Step Seat: The CB500X’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offer freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single caliper 240 mm wave disc/
- Front Tire: 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 109 mm (4.29 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 430 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Model Id: CB500X
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in.
- 26.5 deg.
- 109 mm (4.29 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 430 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Matte Black Metallic