Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2016 BMW S 1000 XR
XR: a cross between an adventure bike and a sport bike.
Here's the perfect BMW motorcycle for those who want the dynamic performance of a sport machine, the versatility of an adventure bike and the comfort of a touring motorcycle. The new S 1000 XR combines the very best of these worlds to create something completely new: the first ever adventure-sport bike made by BMW Motorrad; perfect for everyone in search of a sporty ride that knows no bounds.
Hot fusion. The design.
The S 1000 XR is exceptional - and that's exactly what it looks like. As a synthesis of sport and adventure it unites the power of the S 1000 R with the upright seating position of the GS. No matter where you go on the XR, all eyes will be on you.
The best of both worlds: the technology.
As a cross between an adventure bike and a sport bike, the S 1000 XR draws on the full range of experience BMW Motorrad has in these categories. The sport engine of the S 1000 R with its 160 horsepower at 11,000 rpm and 83 lb-ft of torque at 9,250 rpm is combined with the seating concept of the GS series to create a motorcycle that is at home on every road.
Absolutely unique: fittings and accessories.
As an adventure-sport bike, the S 1000 XR is highly versatile by its very nature, and can be perfectly adapted to the rider's individual preferences with optional extras. The HP Shift Assistant Pro minimizes clutch use between setting off and stopping, making every gear shift faster and easier. Electronic suspension control via Dynamic ESA ensures optimum suspension performance. And those who want to get the very most out of their bike will opt for the Pro riding modes - available from BMW Motorrad for the first time - with two highly dynamic set-ups, plus ABS Pro for maximum braking safety in the curves.
The exceptional S 1000 XR concept combines two entirely distinct types of motorcycles for the first time. Experience it for yourself: the S 1000 XR is looking forward to a test ride with you.
- Alternator: 486 W
- Battery: 12 V / 8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 5.9 in / 5.5 in (150 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.0 in (1,548 mm)
- Castor: 4.6 in (117 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.5 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, 2- piston floating caliper, diameter 265 mm
- ABS: STANDARD Race ABS (part-integral), can be switched off
- Clutch: Multiplate clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Length: 86.0 in (2,183 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 37.0 in (940 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55.5 in (1,408 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 33.1 in (840 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 74.6 in (1,894 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 502 lb. (228 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 955 lb. (434 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 453 lb. (206 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 5.2 gal (20 l)
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 44 mpg at a constant 56 mph (5.4 l)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (112 Nm) at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, with interference pipe
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, 2- piston floating caliper, diameter 265 mm
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 61.0 in. (1,548 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in. (840 mm)
- 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal (20 l)
- 44 mpg at a constant 56 mph
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 502 lb. (228 kg)
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Racing Red, Light White