Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2014 Honda CB 500F
You Don’t Have To Crouch To Carve.
If you love the idea of a sportbike, but favor a more classic riding position, this is your Honda. The CB500F is spec’d out with everything you want in a modern sportbike. From its 471cc powerplant to Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) to aggressive drilled disc brakes to its unique Honda Pro-Link rear suspension, this is a sportbike built to carve corners, but not cut them. And with its light weight and low seat height, it’s the perfect choice for riders ready to move up to a bigger motorcycle.
A Winning Twin: The CB500F is powered by the newest version of Honda’s proven twin-cylinder engine. Featuring double overhead cams and liquid cooling, it extracts superior performance from its 471cc’s through every part of its wide powerband.
Sit Up And Ride: If you’re not ready for a full racer’s position, you’ll appreciate the CB500F’s classic riding position. You can sit up straighter, without supporting your weight on your arms. It’s a great choice when you’re riding around town or commuting, and you can always tuck in tighter when you want to. And it’s more comfortable for passengers.
Confidence Is Built-In: As a lighter bike in the 500 class, the CB500F is easier to handle, whether it’s putting it up on the side stand or paddling it backwards into a parking space. And its low seat height makes it easier to plant both feet securely on the ground at stoplights.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the new CB500F. Featuring classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for a clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contribute to useable power at all RPM ranges.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle's frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500F's diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link rear suspension, nine-stage preload and 4.1" travel give you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F's 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Halogen Headlight: A single 60-watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500F give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Step Seat: The new CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg. (caster angle)
- Trail: 103 mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Curb Weight: 420 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model Id: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Pearl White
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 471 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.05 in. (103 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 420 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Pearl White