Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes, title and licensing, dealer set up, destination fromfactory to dealer or reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude anyadded parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicableoffers. Some financing options can affect price in lieu of any rebates Contact dealer for details.
2011 Yamaha YZF R6
Track Ready. Street Smart.
The R6 is designed to do one thing extremely well: get around a race track in minimal time. It's about a screaming, 15,000-rpm-plus fuel-injected four-cylinder engine in a taut chassis that lets it snap from upright to full lean instantly. Oh yeah: it's a great streetbike too.
- The 2010 Daytona 200 winner is back and ready for the street or track.
- Light, powerful, and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha, or anybody else, has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system for flawless response under all conditions.
- YCC-I®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband. On the higher-revving R6, its benefits are even more pronounced.
- Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
- Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Compact, lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm, 599cc DOHC 16-valve, liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T™—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-I—Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake tract length for a broader powerband.
- A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
- YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, and 02 sensor for spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Deltabox® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Removable rear shock spacer and adjustable fork ride height allows the rider to tailor the ride position for the best fit and comfort.
- Type: 599cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel in.jection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 310mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires / Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 80.3 in.
- Width: 27.8 in.
- Height: 43.1 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24 deg.
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Oil Capacity (with oil filter change): 3.6 qt.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 40 mpg
- Wet Weight: 417 lbs.
- Primary Reduction Ratio: 85/41 (2.073)
- Secondary Reduction Ratio: 45/16 (2.813)
- Gear Ratio - 1st Gear: 31/12 (2.583)
- Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear: 32/16 (2.000)
- Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear: 30/18 (1.667)
- Gear Ratio - 4th Gear: 26/18 (1.444)
- Gear Ratio - 5th Gear: 27/21 (1.286)
- Gear Ratio - 6th Gear: 23/20 (1.150)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 599 cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel in.jection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 24 deg.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 40 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 417 lbs.
- 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Candy Red/Raven
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)